Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

Holiday Plans

Hello readers!

So, unfortunately, I don't have a job (yet) to fill up my holidays. Not that I haven't been trying, it's just been difficult to find time to apply for jobs, seeing as I've been drowning in homework and tests from CreComm these past couple weeks.

But yesterday, I decided what I was going to do to fill up my three weeks instead.

I'm going to make cake pops.

I'm not sure where the idea came from yesterday, but I suddenly had an overwhelming urge to make cake pops.

After looking up recipes, I've found that they're actually pretty basic to make, but the number one complaint is that it is very tedious. This is due to the fact that they have to be frozen and unfrozen a number of times, on order to keep them nice and firm.

Thankfully, though, I will have a lot of time on my hands.

I plan on making my first batch early next week, and I will be picking up all my ingredients tomorrow. I have to run around to a bunch of different stores (Walmart, Bulk Barn, and possibly Michaels) in order to get all my ingredients, and as they are pretty far away from me, I figured it be best to do my shopping on a separate day. That way I can spend a whole day just happily making cake pops!

My first batch will be primarily for my boyfriend, Nic. He's had a much crazier time than I have these last few weeks. He had a number of massively massive projects due, most being at least 50 pages long, and he still has exam week. So I plan on delivering a good chunk of my first batch of cake pops to him while he is studying for his exams at school - enough for both him and his friends.

Considering one box of cake mix makes about 50 - 60 cake pops, I've decided that I'm going to make four different kinds for my first try: Plain white (with maybe some cinnamon), candy cane, lemon, and strawberry. I really wanted to make some with a chocolate base as well, but I don't feel up to making two boxes of cake for my first attempt!

I also will hopefully be making little chocolates (using molds), and putting them alongside the cake pops as gifts!


I am super, super excited for this, and have no doubt that I'll be posting like crazy about my baking adventures!


That's all for now, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment