Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

Magazine Dream Team/IPP Brain Wars

Hello, readers! It's been a while, but I'm back at school once again.

It's only been two days, but we have now had our two major CreComm projects thrown at us.

First  up - the magazine project.

Hearing about it in first semester, although it did seem interesting, it was also rather intimidating. Being in a group with people I don't know, having to create an entire magazine that we all should have some sort of interest in making, all in just a few months.

But after yesterday, I have to say, I'm really quite excited. I'm generally a rather shy person with people I don't know, which was why I was nervous about it being a group project in a new class. But I must admit - I don't think I could have asked for a better group. All of us contributed awesome ideas, there was no one person that just shot down others' ideas without consideration, and we all seem very passionate about our idea for our magazine. I felt very comfortable in the group, and was expressing my own ideas and opinions with great ease, which I haven't been able to do in a while.

Now, I won't reveal what our plans are yet - maybe once we get approved! But I think we'll be able to do really well with it - maybe even win an award. The concept of it is very simple, yet I think we're working well at finding a good angle for it, and it's pretty creative. It's something that I think we'll have more fun with rather than stress - or at least a good balance.

Don't get me wrong though, the project is still immensely intimidating. As one teacher said, we're hitting the ground running with this project. We only just began discussing it yesterday, and we have to propose our ideas for not only the magazine, but for our individual feature articles next Friday. The preliminary stages of the magazine are all going to be happening very quickly, which is what scares me. But I also feel that the fast pace of this project - along with the craziness that will come along with the Individual Professional Projects (IPP) - will make the rest of this first year go by pretty quickly. That's what I found happened with last semester as well - you feel like you have a lot of time to do an assignment, but suddenly the time has flown by and the deadline is smashing you in the face.

As for the IPP, I really have no idea what I'm going to do for that yet. I've been bouncing between various ideas, but have yet to really settle. The two ideas currently facing off in my brain are either something promotional for Fantasy Pole Dancing - or even just pole dancing studios in Winnipeg (sort of like raising awareness for the sport itself) - or a book. With the book idea, I'm trying to think of something that I would feel really inspired to do. I originally thought I'd do a novel, but I realised that I'm too much of a procrastinator with my writing to do that. But I also really wanted to incorporate my art somehow, so right now I'm starting to form an idea about a book that is entirely made up of pages of art, but the art tells a story. The difficulty with this will be to come up with a concept for the book which will be conveyable through art alone, and to make sure that the style I choose to draw in will match the tone of the story. I also will have to find a really good way to market this. Although I would try and contact some publishers, it's more likely that I will have to get it self published. What I would like to ideally do is to have the book available for pre-order, but I want to make it available and interesting to a larger audience (as in more than just me going on Facebook or Twitter and saying "Hey, buy my book!").

As you can see, right now I am more-so leaning to the book idea. But I think if I can come up with a good idea for the pole dancing one, that could become a good contender in my brain.



Heh.

Stressed already. But content stress.


That's all for now, readers. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment