Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Things Have Been Crazy - At Least I Can Write

Hello, readers.

CreComm makes your life a little crazy.

Even when you don't have anything to work on, you're sitting there thinking, "WHY DON'T I HAVE ANYTHING TO WORK ON?"

That's exactly what I did last night. Then I realized, I do have stuff to work on. Sort of. A lot of the assignments we receive - particularly for journalism - are ones that we know are due in less than a week, but that we also know we can't work on until a certain point. At this point in time, I am referring to our Remembrance day assignments, which, obviously, we have to wait until Remembrance day to write.

By the way, this CreComm craziness is why I haven't posted anything about my art lately. Drawing is a very relaxed thing for me, so I don't like to do it when I feel like I have a million other things to do. You might think, "Well, if it's relaxing, why don't you do it to relax yourself?"

But no. I don't know why, but that's just not how I roll.

The good thing about this craziness is that in amongst it all, I've been writing, due to my creative writing class. And oh, man, do I love to write. Being a writer as I am though, I'm also extremely lazy about it. Writers and artists are probably some of the biggest procrastinators out there. And I'm both.

For example, look at the artists at conventions. Many of them will have wonderful displays and wonderful art (obviously), but what you don't know is that they more than likely did the brunt of that work in maybe a month or two - or less - before the convention. Those who do conventions professionally - as in they put buttloads of work into it and make buttloads of money - probably take more time, but casual artists, not so much.

This year I took a little bit more time to prepare - as I had 20+ masks to make - but note that by "a little more time" I mean that I started about a month to a month and a half before the convention rather than two weeks.

Anyway, sorry for the little detour there. My point today is that although things have been kind of crazy, at least I do have one little vent-box that is my writing. And, being that these are assignments, I am forced to write.

For my last assignment, I even decided to whip out my old, beloved character, Aiden. I created Aiden about four years ago now, I believe. I am very attatched to him, as he kind of represents the sort of darkness inside me. I know that sounds a little dramatic and cliche, but it's true.

You can find my most recent story, To Lucy, With Grace, on my DeviantArt.


That's all for now, Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment